Part 2: A simple script to pull information

• administrators

@spiffylogic what title in what country?

• @admin That was "You Laugh But It's True" in Canada

• administrators

@spiffylogic It works fine for me, can you post the PATH JSON you are using?

• @admin Sorry it is actually working but I got lost in the sea of output. The data for that title indeed shows

u'availabilityEndDateNear': u'2017-10-05'

but for all other titles it has that sentinel blob (which is still curious to me...).

Thanks for your help and for this great forum!

• administrators

@spiffylogic Glad to hear it... is your friend

• @frankied said in Part 2: A simple script to pull information:

When I try your code I get this response:
    {u'paths': [[u'shows'], [u'80113701'], [u'browse']],
    u'value': {u'$size': 48,
    u'80113701': {u'$size': 16, u'$type': u'sentinel', u'size': 16},
    u'browse': {u'$size': 16, u'$type': u'sentinel', u'size': 16},
    u'shows': {u'$size': 16, u'$type': u'sentinel', u'size': 16},
    u'size': 48}}

• Do you guys know how I can get the titles actors, directors and creators?
    Thanks in advance! :)

• I'm trying to accomplish the same thing as this code sample in c#, I was able to get a working response in python but the rest of my project is in c#.

However when I use a HTTPWebRequest to get the response stream, the response looks like this:
    "\u001f�\b\0\0\0\0\0\0\0ܖKo�F\fǿ�B�q�%�=�\u0015i\u000e)�&��T\u0004\u0006g�\u0013+Qv\u0017+���\u07fd#m��_M\u0011 \a�F��P\u007f�(��T�Ԟqu����k>\u0017C(i���^���\u0018�_m�ê�u߬����9hn3�ܔ\u0004��ݮ)'w���mL1�:��j����!�u&�\u0002\u001b��L�BP^��\u0018}d��LL9�(]&O�u\u0014Z9\u0017\u0010<\n\u001b2xͬ]\0��\u0010g2�Z��\u0010E��������2uܽ.e���\u001d�@���\u0012XKgIHr |

(Shortened so not to overwhelm)

I'm at a loss as to why the response I'm getting in c# is a unicode mess but the python code gets a nice clean response.

Any ideas?

string genres = "0,\"to\":1";
            string rmax = "5";
            string sbase = "[[\"newarrivals\",{\"from\":" + genres + "},{\"from\":0,\"to\":" + rmax + "},[\"title\",\"availability\"]],[\"newarrivals\",{\"from\":" + genres + "},{\"from\":0,\"to\":" + rmax + "},\"boxarts\",\"_342x192\",\"jpg\"]]";
            string data = "{\"paths\":" + sbase + ",\"authURL\":\"1516657903506.SW2aceZfllyxCd5V5TPHJdJiMxQ=\"}";
            byte[] byteArray = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(data);
            request.ContentLength = byteArray.Length;
            Stream dataStream = request.GetRequestStream();
            dataStream.Write(byteArray, 0, byteArray.Length);
            WebResponse response = request.GetResponse();
            dataStream = response.GetResponseStream();
            StreamReader reader = new StreamReader(dataStream);
            string responseFromServer = reader.ReadToEnd();

• administrators

unfortunately I have never played with C# so I can't be much help there...

• @admin I've been trying to do a search call to pathevaluator, even copied exactly what is being sent on netflix's search page, but there must be some kind of sorting going on? For example when I search "shark" I'm getting little rascals at the top. Little rascals is also on the netflix page but down on around row 10.

Any idea if theres some relevancy value I need? Thanks in advance.

Looks like your connection to uNoGS Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.